Expressions-In Sync

My recent shopping experience at Marks & Spencers in City Plaza, Taikoo plaza, Hong Kong


Pair of Brown Leather Casual Shoes on Table

Interesting experience at M&S. I did quite a bit of shopping as I am meeting up with nephews, niece, etc. As I reached the counter, I realised the line was massive as it was the last day of their 100 dollar off for 500 dollar purchases scheme. The line was moving ever so slowly and only 2 counters of the 4 had people managing it. Many a times I thought of dropping the stuff and shopping online. But, I held on and reached the counter to realise that the lady serving the customers was actually very customer centric and took pains to ensure that we got the maximum out of the schemes available.


Four points came to my mind:

1. Her attitude saved M&S from having a detractor. Very pleasant
2. M&S can easily improve customer experience by having self help kiosks where I can swipe and buy the stuff I need and the system automatically helps with discounts
3. Why create such complex schemes that are difficult to administer?
4. Surely they should have planned better and had more at the counter...
Share:

No comments:

Rohit Nambiar

Rohit Nambiar
My Blog is termed "Expressions-In Sync" and is aimed at providing readers with information, insight and fun on topics ranging from Economics to Insurance, Politics to Social issues and from kiddie stories to sports!

Hope you enjoy reading the same. Write in to me on roh.nambiar@gmail.com with your comments or simply post them in the chat window provided in the article

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.